Introduction
Hello everyone, it's SpawnPoiint, and we are back with another top gaming accessories worth buying video. This is where we take a look at some of my favorite gaming accessories I found this year. We've got some super cheap items in here that would make great gift ideas and some not-so-cheap ideas—maybe for yourself. I've also included a mixture of PlayStation, Xbox, and PC accessories, which you can either buy for yourself or use as gift ideas for somebody else. As always, I've linked to every item below along with the prices and any discount codes that I found. And as it's currently Black Friday week, this could be a great time to look right!
Console Customisation
If you have a PS5 or an Xbox Series X, you can change the look of these quite easily. That's because both Microsoft and PlayStation have official console covers. On the PS5, you're able to remove the standard white covers and replace them with a wide range of colors. These are just some of the official ones you can get from PlayStation Direct, including purple, black, and a gray camo. But there are also unofficial ones from companies like dbrand, so you can get something totally different. I've got a couple here, including the new retro range, which I think looks awesome, and the PS1 gray—this is probably my favorite so far.
On the Xbox Series X, we are not able to swap the case itself, but what we do get are these official console wraps. I have the Starfield and the mineral camo here, which are both the official ones from the Xbox website. These are solid panels that are designed to wrap around the console and then velcro onto the back. It's a simple idea but means you can change the look without needing to cover it up with vinyl stickers. It literally takes you about 10 seconds, and I'll tell you what—the texture and the detail on these are awesome. They are really good quality. So yeah, if you wanted to change the look of either of these consoles, this is a really cool way of doing it.
You might lik: Meta Quest 3S Review | VR Headset Analysis
Icon Lights
Now, whether you're an Xbox or a PlayStation fan, I think these LED lights will be a great addition to any setup. PlayStation has one with retro colors like this, where you have the triangle, circle, X, and square, as well as this new one, which is massive. When it's off, it's white, but when you switch it on, it's actually blue. These can both be powered either by battery or can be plugged in via USB if you want to have it on all of the time.
For Xbox, we have this clean set of lights with the Xbox logo and text. This is one of those accessories that look good both switched on and off, and I think this would make a great gift. Or if you wanted something a little more minimal, we have these wooden icons for both Xbox and PlayStation. These are from Geek Made Designs and come with each letter or icon as a separate piece of wood. Now, although these both look really clean, I still think the LED icons are a great buy.
Games & Gift Cards
Okay, so this next one might seem obvious, but what about games? I mean, over the last year, we've had loads of incredible new games released, including Spider-Man 2, Forza Motorsport, and Assassin's Creed Mirage. So many great games give us dozens of hours of playtime. Plus, there is something special about getting a physical game as a gift, especially with a steelbook.
But sometimes, grabbing a gift card is the easiest option. If you buy one of these in-store, you normally pay the RRP, so a £25 gift card costs you £25. But if you buy these online, they are often cheaper. For example, if I buy a £90 card from somewhere like ShopTo or CD Keys, I'll actually only spend £78, which is a 14% discount. It might not sound like a lot, but if you do this on every digital game that you buy, it soon adds up. Plus, the advantage of buying a gift card for somebody else is they can choose what they want to buy.
Handhelds
Another cool accessory worth getting for yourself or for somebody else is one of these: the Backbone One controller. This basically turns your mobile phone into a portable games console. All you need to do is slot your phone in, and it will give you physical controls for your games. We've got thumbsticks, triggers, and the usual buttons that you'd normally use in games. Then, not only can you use it for your mobile games, but you can actually use it for remote play games like on the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X. This is great if you've already got a compatible phone and fancy adding some decent controls to it.
Then, if you wanted to go to the next level for handheld gaming, we have things like the PlayStation Portal, which launched very recently, and the Logitech G-Cloud. The Portal is a PS5-only remote play device. It gives you DualSense controls and an 8-inch screen. Essentially, it's a remote second screen that lets you play your PS5 away from your setup, both at home and away. I'm really impressed with the quality of this, and I did a full review of this a couple of weeks ago. But just bear in mind, you do need a PS5 for this to work.
You might lik: Top 5 Gaming Chairs in 2025 | Best Picks for Gamers
Or we have something like the Logitech G-Cloud. This is another handheld device that lets you play and stream your games from PlayStation, Xbox, and all of the other major streaming services. I've been using this exclusively for Xbox Game Pass, and it's great. Of course, then we have the ROG Ally and the Steam Deck, but these are on a whole different level—far more expensive and do far more.
Retro Gaming
Talking of handhelds, if you like retro gaming or know somebody who does, this one could be for you. These only launched last week, and they are officially licensed devices from both Capcom and Taito. Essentially, it's a pocket-size arcade machine that comes pre-loaded with 12 to 18 games, and that includes games like Street Fighter 2 and Space Invaders, as well as loads more. So, it's called the Super Pocket, and it comes in two different colors.
But what's awesome to see is they are officially licensed, unlike some of the cheaper brands that you can buy. Now, the screen on this is also really bright and vivid, and to say how small it is, it's pretty easy to play on. The controls are as you would expect around the front, so we have the D-pad and the action buttons, but around the back, there are extra L/R buttons as well. It also has a USB-C port for charging it and a 3.5mm headphone jack, although the speakers are decent. And not only does it come preloaded with those games, but it's actually Evercade-compatible, which means you can buy physical games to install. In fact, there are about 500 games that you can buy separately via these cartridges. So yeah, if you fancied a stocking filler or gift idea for somebody else, this is a really nice idea.
Chocolate Gifts
Here's a cheap gift idea that almost every gamer will appreciate—and one that nearly didn't make it into today's video—and that's this chocolate controller. I mean, food and chocolate are always going to be an easy gift to give or receive, as it doesn't matter how many you've got; you've always got room for one more. I'm sure there are other edible accessories that you can find, but this one is really cool.
Stress Toy
Then, if you want something fun and again cheap, we've got one of these tiny PlayStation 5 controllers, which is actually a stress toy. You know, for those sessions where you feel like you might actually snap or rip your controller in two—well, you could do that with one of these instead. Also, these are a pretty cool stocking filler for somebody else.
Gaming Lego
Now, everyone likes Lego, right? I think most of us probably played with Lego as children, and some of the kits that you could buy now are incredible. I legit still buy Lego for myself if it's gaming-related. So, here are a few ideas I can think of right now: we've got the new Sonic range, as well as some from Mario. Earlier this year, I picked up this huge 2,500-piece set, which looks awesome. But there's also this one, which is probably my favorite so far, and that is the Horizon Forbidden West. This one actually lives in my living room on my shelves, as it's clean enough to look like an ornament but still a nice nod towards gaming.
The thing is, there are so many different Lego builds that you can get now that there will definitely be something out there for you and for gaming. So, if you want something totally different to the normal gaming accessories or gifts that you can buy, I think Gaming Lego could be the answer.
USB-C Adapters
Okay, so if you find that you're always running out of available ports on your laptop or your PC, one of these should help you out. This is the UGreen 6-in-1 USB-C Hub, which ultimately turns one USB-C port into six different connections. It's got two USB-Cs, two USB-As, and two HDMI ports capable of up to 8K or dual monitor output at 4K. And you can even use it for charging, as it has a 100W power delivery. So, this little device gives you plenty of new ports to sort you out.
UGreen also has these little chargers, which I think are the neatest USB chargers I've ever used. So, instead of having multiple USB-C plugs for charging all of your different devices, you can use one of these instead, which comes with four ports on the back. And as it's got a 100W fast charging output, you can literally charge your iPad or your MacBook from it as well. I have linked to both of these below, as it's Black Friday week, and some of these are up to 43% off.
RGB Lights
I'm a huge fan of adding RGB to a setup, and I think it completely transforms the vibe of a room with very little effort. So, here are a few ideas for new lights for your setup. First up, we have the LED strips that you can stick to the back of your TV or your monitor. These are the Govee LEDs, which you can control from that app or integrate with Google Home and Alexa. It gives your setup a nice glow without having to add physical lamps to the room.
Or if you do have lamps already, well, you have the option of swapping those bulbs out for smart bulbs instead. I'm using dozens of these around the house, so I can create a whole different vibe when I'm gaming. These simply replace your existing bulbs, and boom—you've got a full-on RGB vibe in every room.
But my current favorite lights are these: the Nanoleaf Lines. These come in separate pieces that you can arrange however you'd like on your wall to create a funky shape. Then, you can set them to any color or theme that you'd like. I usually have them set to a solid color, but you can go crazy if you want to.
Framed Tech
Next up, if you're after something totally different to the norm, we have these framed pieces of tech from Grid Studio. These will look great on any wall or in any setup. I've got quite a few of these now, including various iPhones, the Game Boy, but my favorite are the DualShock controller for the PlayStation 1 and the PSP. These are the two that I currently have next to my desk setup, and I think these make great gift ideas for the gamer that probably has everything else.
It's such a clever idea—the way that they've actually dismantled all of these pieces of tech and then displayed them inside the frame. They also currently have some great discounts on their website, so make sure you check these out.
Controllers
Now, can you ever have too many controllers? I mean, there's only so many that you actually need, but there are also so many great designs out there that you could always pick up an extra one or two. I've got carried away over the years, but if you've got these standard controllers that come with the consoles, I think there's something awesome about having one like this. Both the PS5 and Xbox have loads of colors and designs to choose from, so if you're into a certain game or prefer a particular color, you can always grab one that suits.
Obviously, we have the standard controllers, but there's also the pro versions like the DualSense Edge and the Elite Series 2. These are the same but with rear paddles and adjustable triggers. Or you can pick up a third-party controller like the Victrix Pro or the Neon.
Charging Docks
Then, if you do have more than one controller, what you could look at getting is a charging dock. Something like the official DualSense charging dock for the PS5, or you can even pick up a third-party one from PowerA. You can actually get these for both the Xbox and PlayStation 5, so it's a cool way of storing them, and it keeps them charged up for that next session.
You might lik: Top 5 Handheld Gaming PCs in 2023 | Best Gaming Consoles
Venom Statue
Now, I saw one of these in a store the other day, so I had to pick it up, and it's one of the Cable Guys controller stands, but in the shape of Venom. I'm not sure if you saw my Spider-Man 2 unboxing a few weeks back, but it instantly reminded me of those 19 inches of Venom. It's a fun accessory to have on your desk or your shelf, and you can use it to store your controller when you're not using it. But as well as using it for your controllers, you can also store your phone on here as well. So, if you wanted to get yourself 8 inches of Venom or a Spider-Man statue, this could be a cool way of doing it. Plus, it is a lot cheaper than the proper statue.
Comments
Post a Comment